HVAC Tune-Up: Tune-Up Your HVAC System & Save Money
It’s spring and with it comes the warmth of summer. Soon you’ll be locked in your home, with the air conditioner fan running 24 hours a day to keep you cool in the heat, and if your air conditioner isn’t ready to go, now’s the time to schedule your pre-season tune-up. HVAC experts and manufacturers agree — there’s no better way to ensure a comfortable summer season than a comprehensive inspection and tune-up.
This time of year, we’re all eager for spring to arrive. Well, guess what? It’s Just About Here! That means we need to be thinking about the season ahead. And while summer will bring more fun days at the beach and opportunities to catch some rays — it also brings hot temperatures, which means we’re going to be cranking up the air conditioner in our homes. Like all cars, your air conditioner needs maintenance to keep it running smoothly throughout the coming months. Your friendly neighborhood air conditioning pro can tell you more about scheduling a tune-up for the hottest months of the season
What Does an HVAC Tune-Up Consist of?
Your air conditioner tune-up will include a number of essential tasks that will increase system efficiency and longevity, including these key points:
- Lubricate the parts of the system that move, such as the fan and motor, to prevent friction.
- Tighten the electrical connections.
- Clean and inspect essential components for damage.
- Inspect your ductwork for air leaks, which can reduce comfort and raise your energy bills, and obstructions, which can impede airflow and result in overheating.
- Test the electric control of your air conditioner to ensure it cycles properly. Improper cycling reduces your comfort and takes a heavy toll on your system.
- Measure the level of refrigerant and check for leaks. Refrigerant leaks are bad for the environment and prevent your air conditioner from maintaining a high level of comfort in your home. If a leak is detected, it will be repaired and tested, and your system will be topped off with the correct level of refrigerant.
- Inspect the coils for scale and grime, which can prevent the optimum exchange of heat and reduce the efficiency of your system.
- Inspect the terminals and wires for corrosion and rust, and apply a non-conductive coating if needed to help prevent rust and corrosion from developing.
- Measure the airflow of your system to ensure proper operation and optimum cooling.
- Flush the condensate drain to prevent clogs during periods of high humidity.
An HVAC Company You Can Trust
Our Satisfaction Guarantee. We provide a 10% discount on all repairs (with an active service agreement, which excludes diagnostics). We promise smoother quieter operation of your equipment, carbon monoxide safety check, and extended life of your unit. We’ll do what it takes to keep our customers comfortable!
We also guarantee you peace of mind knowing that our emergency answering service operates 24 hours a day. We’re there for you when you really need us!
Call Now 413-731-6668
Service you can trust (413) 731-6668. As a full-service heating and air conditioning company with 20+ years of experience, we are fully equipped to handle even the most complex HVAC jobs. Serving all of Hampden County – Agawam, Blandford, Brimfield, Chester, Chicopee, East Longmeadow, Granville, Hampden, Holland, Holyoke, Longmeadow, Ludlow, Monson, Montgomery, Palmer, Russell, Southwick, Springfield, Tolland, W. Springfield, Wales, Westfield, and Wilbraham.